Locum Terms and conditions
Our services to Locum Pharmacists and Technicians are totally free, but are subject to our Standard Terms and Conditions, stated below
The following terms and conditions shall apply where a locum is placed with a person, firm or company ('a Client') by Capital Locums Ltd whether on a temporary or permanent basis.
The acceptance of a placement by a locum procured or obtained on his or her behalf by Capital Locums shall be deemed to be an acceptance of these Standard Terms and Conditions.
- THE LOCUM HEREBY AGREES TO NOTIFY CAPITAL LOCUMS OF THE OCCURRENCE OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING EVENTS:
(a) Where the locum is re-employed or re-engaged as a sub-contractor whether on a temporary or permanent basis by a Client with whom the locum was placed by Capital Locums during a period of 12 months from the termination of the last period of employment or engagement of the locum with the said Client;
(b) Where a locum, during the course of his or her temporary employment or engagement with a Client is employed or engaged as a sub-contractor by such Client on a permanent basis;
(c) Where a locum is introduced by a Client with whom he or she has been placed by Capital Locums to a third party and is then employed or engaged as a sub-contractor whether permanently or temporarily by such third party as a result of such introduction;
(d) Where a Client with whom the locum has been placed by Capital Locums is taken over or bought out by a third party and the locum's employment or engagement is then continued whether on a permanent or temporary basis by the said third party.
2. THE LOCUM AGREES TO ATTEND HIS OR HER PLACEMENT PROCURED OR OBTAINED BY CAPITAL LOCUMS DRESSED IN A MANNER AS BEFITS THEIR PROFESSIONAL STATUS AND ALWAYS TO ABIDE BY THE PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY CODE OF PRACTICE.
3. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT PHARMACISTS SHOULD HOLD PROFESSIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE.
4. PHARMACISTS ARE ASKED TO DISPLAY THEIR RESPONSIBLE PHARMACIST CERTIFICATE AS REQUIRED BY RPhSGB and the GPhC.
5. THE LOCUM IS REQUIRED TO INFORM CAPITAL LOCUMS OF ANY CHANGE OF CIRCUMSTANCE RELATING TO THEIR CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. IT IS ALSO THE LOCUMS RESPONSIBILTY TO REGISTER ACCREDITATIONS WITH THE CORRECT PCT. A FULL LIST OF PCTS’ CAN BE FOUND VIA OUR WEBSITE.
6. CLIENT’S STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES MUST BE ADHERED TO.
7. THE LOCUM AGREES TO INFORM CAPITAL LOCUMS OF ANY CHANGE IN PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCE. THIS INCLUDES ADDRESS, WORK STATUS AND FITNESS TO PRACTICE.